Monday, 16 July 2012

Post Colossals Monday

Well Monday morning again.

Not raining, and a good drive in.

A tiring but enjoyable day at the Colossals free-for-all event. My first experience of a Warmachine event, it was good but even though this was a less formal event, you could see how some of the people were very competitive, maybe a little too much so. The scoring did skew itself to those will large faction collections and specific lists. Even so, I enjoyed the four player games, but the scenario was quite hard to win there for anyone.

I managed not to come last, thanks to help from my niece who did a lot of work on my sanctuary piece which scored me three points for having it, this meant I did not come last and came joint 8th. A picture of this is below. I also managed to lose every game I played, although did a fair bit of damage along the way. Taking out Deathjack of Cryx was fun for me as that jack always causes me problems.


The Assist from My Niece, the Sanctuary


Taking out Deathjack

Video to Watch

Geek and Sundry have a web series called TableTop, hosted by Wil Wheaton, which introduces tabletop games and explains a bit about them with some invited guests for TV, Comics and the games industry.

This is the first episode, featuring the game Smallworld: http://youtu.be/X9QtdiRJYro

Puzzle for the Day

Which of these numbers is the odd one out:

5, 13, 29, 59, 101, 109

No comments:

Post a Comment